1. In Microsoft Word, select the text/image range to be converted into conditional text. Select the range as if you were going to copy it to the Clipboard.
2. On the Doc-To-Help toolbar, click the Apply Conditional Text button . Doc-To-Help displays the following dialog box.
3. In the left hand Criteria toolbar of the Apply Conditional Text dialog box, choose the Platforms, Help Targets or Attributes icon as desired.
4. From the list in the dialog box, select the item in which you want to include the highlighted text or image.
5. Click OK to apply conditional text in the source document.
6. Note that the selection now includes a comment after the chosen text as in the example below.
You can make the text/image appear in multiple Help targets or attributes by simply performing the steps above for each choice you require.
The following sentences are different for each Help target produced for Doc-To-Help.
In the source document, this was implemented with four separate paragraphs, each of which has a conditional text comment for one target. The following figure shows the appearance of the marked paragraphs in the source document.
Alternatively, you can perform the same steps with the Edit|Apply Conditional Text menu command.