1. On the Icon bar, click Index.
2. Verify that the Index Collections button on the Index toolbar is set to Keywords.
3. Select the primary keyword in the upper left pane or in the Index Elements list to which you wish to add a secondary keyword.
4. Click the Show Secondary button on the Index toolbar. The Index Elements textbox is cleared.
5. Enter a new secondary keyword, then press Enter or click the adjacent check mark button. The new keyword is added to the upper left pane of the Index window.
Alternatively, you can add a new secondary keyword by highlighting the primary keyword, clicking the Project menu, choosing New, then clicking Keyword. Enter the new keyword in the Index Elements textbox, and press Enter.
Note that after pressing Enter, the secondary keyword is added to the index list below the parent primary keyword. The focus remains in the Index Elements textbox, allowing you to add multiple secondary keywords to this primary keyword.