In some cases, choosing a topic and associating an index keyword with it is more efficient than creating index keywords and associating topics to each. This “topic to keyword” workflow makes it easier to create index keywords based on the existing topic titles. After a Doc-To-Help project has been compiled, you can use the Topics Property toolbar to insert index keywords.
To associate a topic keyword with a specific topic:
1. On the Icon bar, click Topics.
2. Select the All Topics item from the left pane.
3. Select the desired topic for editing from the right pane.
4. Click the Collections button on the Topics Property toolbar.
5. Choose Keyword from the Collection Type drop-down.
6. Type the keyword you want to associate into the Element Textbox and press Enter.
Note that the keyword has been associated with the highlighted topic and is displayed to the right of the Keywords collection.
Keywords created in this manner are automatically added to the main Index tab of Doc-To-Help and associated with the current topic. If you enter a keyword that already exists, Doc-To-Help associates the current topic with the existing keyword.
Note: You cannot specify secondary index keywords in the topic property pane.